THIS IS Project FOCUS!
For the last ten years, students with intellectual and developmental disabilities have been fully included at The University of Arizona through Project FOCUS, a two-year innovative transition program supported by the College of Education, Pima County Public School Districts and contributions from advocates like you!
Project FOCUS has provided an opportunity for 80 students with intellectual and developmental disabilities to:
- Access Inclusive College Classes: in-person, hybrid and fully online
- Increase Employability Skills: internships experience and career readiness curriculum
- Develop Social Networks: communication and connection that build lifelong friendships
Our typical on campus experiences have been stopped right now due to the pandemic, but we haven't let that keep us from supporting our students an inclusive online model with peer mentors and certified teachers leading online coursework, employment preparation activities and amazing social experiences on a daily basis! Our virtual platform enables students to have continued interactive and engaging experiences with peer mentors during the week. We work with each individual student and family to create the most valuable programming until it is safe for us to be together again. An unfortunate impact of COVID to our program is having multiple students unable to apply regarding concerns over tuition and financial hardships.
Ways to Support
- INvest IN FOCUS: cover critical operational cost to ensure another two years of quality inclusive programing.
- INspire with Scholarships: cover full and partial tuition for qualified students that demonstrate financial need.
Project FOCUS enhances the diversity and richness of life at UArizona and we are asking for your support to continue this important work. Your gift will directly impact our students, peer mentors and the entire Wildcat community.
ARE YOU IN?